Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization.
We are dedicated to helping the people who utilize our services. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings or upload your resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
WAMY Community Action is currently looking for a part-time Development Director for Mitchell and Yancey Counties in rural Northwestern NC. The position will be approximately 20 hours per week and will pay $19 per hour. Applicants must know the counties well and have the ability to develop and maintain relationships with donors, businesses and community leaders.
The Development Director is responsible for the development of all marketing and fundraising strategies to grow the base of philanthropic support and increase public awareness of WAMY Community Action in assigned counties. The Director builds and manages brand identity and all aspects of marketing communication to raise awareness of the organization and its programs with a long-term goal of setting and achieving revenue goals through the solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation support and grants.
The Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director and is expected to make regular reports to the Board of Directors as well. Monthly progress meetings with the Executive Director will be required.
1. Responsible for developing an annual comprehensive outreach and marketing plan, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines.
2. Investigate possibilities of program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization's brand in the community and increase avenues of support.
3. Develop and execute, with the Executive Director, a comprehensive marketing plan that includes events, media relations, press releases, social networking, newsletters, and branding.
4. Increase social media following, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube. Research content, share images and write posts as appropriate.
5. Responsible to grow positive awareness of the organization and strengthen its reputation with clients, funders and the communities it serves.
6. Conduct presentations to civic organizations, elected officials, and other groups to promote awareness and support of the organization’s mission.
7. Responsible for managing and promoting events for awareness and fundraising in each county.
8. Build agency mailing and email list of interested parties and potential donors from assigned counties.
9. Work in partnership with other Development staff to develop newsletters, annual reports, and other agency-wide marketing materials.
1. Develop, along with the Executive Director, an annual fundraising plan, including an annual fundraising goal, planned numbers for new donors, repeat donors, monthly donors, etc.
2. Identify, contact and establish relationships with individuals within the community who may be potential donors.
3. Work with other Development staff to create and manage a donor retention and appreciation plan.
4. Manage donors and donations through use of shared donation spreadsheet.
5. Create and manage the annual fundraising appeals. These will include written letter campaigns, on-line campaigns and others.
6. Work closely with staff to review program services in order to obtain funding necessary to maintain and/or expand services.
7. Assist in writing and submitting new and renewed grants and reports.
• Knowledge of assigned service area, including business contacts, elected officials and leaders within the community.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• High energy, outgoing, team player, and a passion for helping low-income families.
• Working mastery of computer programs including: Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
• Documented experience with nonprofit marketing and social media.
• Ability to work independently, be self-directed, organized and results driven.